25.6.14

DOLCE & GABBANA S/S 15































Season after season, Dolce and Gabbana have used themes and inspiration from Sicily. It makes sense after learning the designer duo are from Italy and are very, very proud of their heritage. Only this time, the clothes includes Spanish influences. The show featured red - and lots of it. Outfits inspired by madators and their bullfighting uniforms, the collection boasts heavy red brocade jackets, teamed with 3/4 length trousers and finished with fur lined slippers. Classic suits marked the finale of the show, in various tones, before a bloodbath of red, finally closed the show.

Personally, I liked the collection, however there were some looks that didn't make the cut. I can see a lot of the same shapes and silhouettes from last seasons show - look #3, came from the same Medival collection last Fall with the generously large 3/4 top, tightly tailored pants and slippers and the same, tired, satin suits. Recolouring is great, it gives the consumer choices, but as a collection with 77 looks, it's clearly used for fillers. However, the grande finale did sway me. And #2, 5 and 6 look great. They bring a fresh concept to the show, which suprisngly look wearable. All in all, a good collection, showing another side of Sicillian themes. But does Dolce and Gabbana's collections have a shelf-life?

What did you think of this collection?
Let me know, in the comments below.


v.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hands down my favorite collection! OMG haha I could go on and on about this. The Spanish influence was so cool and hasn't really been seen before on the runway. The suits were so elaborate and fancy and oh I just loved it! I could see my dad wearing the satin red suit. He has really cool style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like it! Thanks for your comment :-)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig