25.9.14

DRIES VAN NOTEN S/S 15

For Spring 2015, Dries Van Noten was inspired by John Everett Millais' Ophelia painting and after looking at the painting myself, I clearly saw the influence. In the painting, we see Ophelia laying on the water, looking into the sky. She lies in the stream, in a dress, with flowers adorning her. And in this collection, I see a strong influence of nature and relaxation. I loved the set of this runway, the beautiful moss flooring and the subtle lighting of the runway, like sunlight through the branches of trees. In terms of the collection, I liked the mix of soft and hard materials. I love the light coloured silk, the pyjama material pants and the ethereal skirts.

I adore how this collection carries a mood of nonchalance and a relaxed element to it. My favourite looks are #6 and #7. I love those trousers! The prints are just lovely, with the dropped-crotch trousers, the oversized bomber jackets and spacious t-shirt tunics finished with effortless sandals. This collection meets ethereal and casual which were easy and elegant.



What did you think of this collection?
Let me know, in the comments below.


v.

Photo Credit: Style.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig